Why can’t Anya Balanchine stay out of trouble?
Anya Balanchine is sixteen years old and she has the weight of the world on her shoulders. Her parents are dead, and her last name is notorious. Her grandmother, who is her primary caregiver, is slowly losing her mind. Anya is responsible for her older brother, who has had a major brain injury, and her little sister, who can’t stop having nightmares. The question is, who is taking care of Anya Balanchine?
Anya is barely holding it all together when she is accused of a crime she did not commit. Help arrives in the form of a boy from an influential family, but Anya doesn’t want that kind of help. Life has taught her that every favor comes with a price.
All These Things I’ve Done is the story of a family and the sacrifices a girl will make to keep that family together.
- A Selection of the Junior Library Guild
- Texas TAYSHAS High School Reading List
- New Jersey Garden State Teen Book Award List
- Missouri Gateway Teen Book Award List
- CCBC Choice Title (University of Wisconsin)
- YALSA Teens Top Ten Nominee
- YALSA Reader’s Choice List – Mystery/Crime
- Booklist Magazine Top Ten Romance Fiction for Youth
- Horn Book Magazine Recommended Love Stories
- Romantic Times Magazine Top Pick