I like hearing from you, but I can be slow to reply.
1) The fastest way to reach me is by commenting on my blog.
2) Send me an e-mail or, if you prefer, use either the comment or contact form at the bottom of this page.
3) Write a paper letter through one of my publishers:
re: A.J. Fikry, or Books for Adults
c/o Algonquin Books
P.O. Box 2225
Chapel Hill, NC 27515
re: Elsewhere, Anya, or Books for Young Readers
c/o Macmillan/FSG BYR
175 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10010
Be warned: paper letters can take up to a year to get to me.
5) I am on Goodreads, but I never reply to messages there. When I can remember my login, I do occasionally put up books I am reading. The last thing I read that I loved was My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout.
6) I check Instagram nearly every day, and I very much enjoy seeing pictures related to my books.
7) I would seriously love it if you came to one of my events. We will talk. I will say nice things about your necklace but only if you are wearing a nice necklace. If you come to TWO of my events, I am likely to remember you fondly.
8) Work-related? My literary agent is Douglas Stewart at Sterling Lord Literistic.
9) An archive of answers to questions people have asked can be found here.
10) I am writing a book.